How to Load a Mobile Home for Transport
Why Preparing Your Mobile Home for Transport is Essential
Shipping a mobile home is a large task that needs to be handled with care. This is your home, so you want the transport done right. At Heavy Haulers, we’re here to provide a quality and safe mobile home shipping solution. Read more to find out how to load a mobile home for shipping.
Preparing a Flatbed for Loading a Mobile Home Before Hauling
Mobile Home Preparations for Long Haul Transportation
Below are a few steps that you need to take as you prepare your mobile home for relocation.
- Remove all extensions and exterior attachments; any carpentry work such as an overhead shade, outdoor furniture’s, flower boxes, outdoor appliances, etc.
- Pack all your personal content ready for transport.
- Anything valuable should be packed separated and kept in a secured place.
- Also, remove all breakable items and pack them in boxes labeled “fragile” or “handle with care” in large markings and with a color that is easy to see.
- Disconnect all utilities (this is best done by a professional plumber and electrician- contact a reputable local expert) that is, water, gas and electricity. Remember to disconnect TV cable and telephone lines as well.
- All belongings that are not inbuilt should be removed from the mobile home to be transported separately. It is advisable to ensure the mobile home is completely empty before shipping it. For safe hauling, the load should be balanced and equally distributed, which could be a challenge if the mobile home is loaded with items of varying weights.
How to Load a Mobile Home on a Flatbed Trailer
Heavy Haulers is here to provide all your mobile home transportation needs. We have an entire team dedicated to mobile home shipping. Call now and let’s get started! (323) 210-7593
- Ready to get your online quote?